- Do you love being on the water and have an interest in working on luxury yachts?
- Are you a perfectionist with a meticulous eye for detail?
- Do you want to build a long-term career in a rapidly growing industry where your skills are in high demand?
The marine service industry is booming and there is a huge demand for yacht maintenance professionals. As a result, our business is growing and so is our team! You will be working as part of a team who keeps Vancouver’s finest luxury yachts looking and performing their absolute best. You will receive training on the job, have the opportunity to go to receive industry training and educational opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Yacht Detailer, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the overall cleanliness and presentation of the exterior of all vessels to ensure that they look and perform their absolute best. This includes:
- cleaning/washing of all vessels including tenders and associated water sports equipment
- polishing and waxing of paint and gelcoat finishes
- preparing vessels for use looking their absolute best
In the off season, your duties will expand to include:
- basic paint and varnish prep and application
- basic repair and maintenance on some systems
- general maintenance and cleaning duties
- below the waterline maintenance items such as antifouling prep and application
- teak deck cleaning and maintenance
HERE’S WHAT YOU BRING
You’re a perfectionist and have a meticulous eye for detail.
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team.
- Previous experience in marine and/or automotive cleaning and detailing (or similar) or as yacht crew.
- A basic understanding of cleaning, polishing and waxing products and procedures and a desire to become proficient in making luxury yachts looking sharp.
WHO WE ARE
Yacht Care Systems aspires to be Vancouver’s yacht owners’ partner of choice when it comes to the care and control of one of their most prized possessions. We provide peace of mind and unlimited enjoyment through a preventive and proactive approach to maintenance and troubleshooting. We strive to ensure that all systems are functioning to the original manufacturer’s standard of reliability and safety.
WHY WORK FOR US?
At Yacht Care, you’ll be working in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment where you are able to collaborate with and learn from an outstanding team of industry professionals while taking on progressively greater accountabilities. You’ll receive support for ongoing industry training and educational opportunities and competitive compensation.
Successful candidates can expect to earn between $22-$29/hour plus benefits and a signing bonus.
Please submit your resume below.
Yacht Care Systems operations center is located at Lions Gate Marina.