- Do you love being on the water and have an interest in working on luxury yachts?
- Do you have a passion for making things look and work their best?
- Do you want to build a long-term career in a rapidly growing industry where your skills are in high demand?
The marine service industry is booming and there is a huge demand for yacht maintenance professionals. As a result, our business is growing and so is our team! You will be working as part of a team who keeps Vancouver’s finest luxury yachts looking and performing their absolute best. You will receive training on the job, have the opportunity to go to school and receive your trade certification as a Marine Service Technician as well and take part in many other industry training and educational opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Yacht Maintenance Representative, you’ll be responsible for performing general maintenance items to ensure safe, reliable operation. You’re able to identify and follow general maintenance guidelines set out to ensure that all vessels look and perform their absolute best. This includes the repair and general maintenance of:
- basic fiberglass and gelcoat
- basic paint and varnish prep and application
- basic repair and preventative maintenance on some systems
- below the waterline maintenance items such as antifouling prep and application
- general maintenance and cleaning duties
- teak deck maintenance
WHAT YOU BRING
You’re a perfectionist and have a meticulous eye for detail.
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team.
- Maybe you already have experience in vessel maintenance, marine and/or automotive cleaning and detailing or as yacht crew.
- A basic understanding of a boat and it’s systems and a desire to become proficient in the repair and maintenance of luxury yachts.
WHO WE ARE
Yacht Care Systems aspires to be Vancouver’s yacht owners’ partner of choice when it comes to the care and control of one of their most prized possessions. We provide peace of mind and unlimited enjoyment through a preventive and proactive approach to maintenance and troubleshooting. We strive to ensure that all systems are functioning to the original manufacturer’s standard of reliability and safety.
WHY WORK FOR US?
At Yacht Care, you’ll be working in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment where you are able to collaborate with and learn from an outstanding team of industry professionals while taking on progressively greater accountabilities. You’ll receive support for ongoing industry training and educational opportunities and competitive compensation.
Successful candidates can expect to earn between $18-$29/hour plus benefits and a signing bonus.
Please submit your resume below.
Yacht Care Systems operations center is located at Lions Gate Marina.