Yacht Care Systems aspires to be Vancouver’s yacht owners’ partner of choice when it comes to the care and control of one of their most prized possessions. We provide peace of mind and unlimited enjoyment through a preventive and proactive approach to maintenance and troubleshooting. We strive to ensure that all systems are functioning to the original manufacturer’s standard of reliability and safety.
As a Yacht Service Technician, you’re responsible for monitoring and performing regular checks on all vessel systems to ensure safe and reliable operations. You’re able to proactively identify, diagnose and repair deficiencies as well as follow OEM guidelines for the regular maintenance of these systems. You’ll also be involved in the removal and replacement of failed and/or obsolete systems.
More specifically, your responsibilities include:
• Performing a high quality of work in checklists, diagnostics, estimating, parts sourcing and ordering, service, repairs and post-service presentation
• Providing accurate diagnostics combined with cost-effective preventative maintenance and repair solutions that maximize the lifespan and reliability of all onboard equipment
• Sourcing, recording, reading, interpreting and implementing OEM service bulletins, service schedules, diagrams, schematics, technical orders and specifications for all equipment onboard the customer’s fleet
• Executing general maintenance, repairs and installation of all onboard systems including, but not limited to:
• Mechanical Systems
• Electrical and Navigation Systems
• Propulsion Systems
• Plumbing and Sanitation Systems
• Providing improved reliability of equipment and work performed (i.e., no customer downtime)
• Preparing vessels for use and ensuring they are in perfect condition
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of prior experience working in the marine industry, specifically experience working on yachts and similar vessels.
• Academic/Technical training related to the position is expected.
• Secondary/College academic level is a strong asset.
As a valued member of Yacht Care Systems, you will receive a competitive hourly wage of $28 to $40 depending on skills and experience. Working hours are 40 hours per week. The offer is permanent and on a full-time basis.
You’ll also be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Signing bonus
• Extended health benefits
• Vacation starting at 3 weeks
• Industry training, leadership, and professional development opportunities
• Company-wide, team building events
Do you want to work in a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work environment with an outstanding team of industry professionals? Apply today!